This is my very own blog to record and share my experiences of the world of geocaching. On geocaching.com I go by the name BomberJjr. I have been enjoying this sport for now more than two years and have visited many cache sites. As I continue to geocache, I have only become more addicted and can see only an increase in my personal activity.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

There and Back Again

What a great trip! This past week (Sun.-Thurs.), Snidy and I spent some vacation time up in Kennebunk, ME. We ended up doing seven total geocaches for the week. We started with two great ones on Monday called the KES Travel Bug Hotel and Massabesic Experimental Forest. The TB hotel was actually one not too far from an elementary school that was set up by an entire classroom of kids and their teacher. It was very nice. The second of the day was just an amazing hike that ended with a nice spot to rest and spend some time logging our find. It was a really great way to start the trip.
After taking two days to relax by seeing a movie, going to see the Portland Sea Dogs (won by the way!) and spending two hours mini-golfing we decided to spend an entire day of geocaching around the area. We went to Kennebunkport's Scenic Cache and reflection cache in the Lower Kennebunk/Kennebunkport area. These two were at the St. Francis Monastery and Shrines, which consists of many great outdoor sculptures and a places of prayer. It was a very peaceful place to spend such a nice sunny day. We then went to the Merriland River Fishing Tackle Cache, which had a very nice, long hike along a river and then headed over to the Wells Rec/Hobbs Pond Cache. This cache was located on a town recreation area with trails. I was a little disappointed with this cache, but only because geocoins that were listed weren't there and I forgot my keys in my car. After a call to AAA and a 1/2 hour wait, the car was unlocked and we made our way to 101 Dalmatians #43 (Ralph) at a rest area on I-95. It was a quick little micro that was pretty fun to find. As we closed our geocaching adventures, we headed over to The Clam Shack in Kennebunkport for quick dinner with my family and booted back South to good ole' Sutton, MA.

1 Comments:

Blogger BomberJohn said...

Oh too funny. Maybe you can carry a spare key in your caching bag or wallet in the future.

10:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home