This is my very own blog to record and share my experiences of the world of geocaching. On geocaching.com I go by the name BomberJjr. I have been enjoying this sport for now more than two years and have visited many cache sites. As I continue to geocache, I have only become more addicted and can see only an increase in my personal activity.

Monday, July 31, 2006

No Problems Here Houston


While looking through a few cache listing today, I came across one that caught my eye because it contained an interesting geocoin (Satellite Series Geocoin). The cache was ...Three...Two...One... (GCWRGH) and was only about eight miles away. I jumped in my car and went off to the first stage. This area was a small park dedicated to Robert Goddard, the father of liquid fuel rocketry and hometown hero to Auburn , MA. It was a bit muggly here, but not to the point where a little stealth couldn't brush them off. These new set of cords pointed to another park in Auburn that was about one and a half miles away. It was another Goddard dedication, that is more well known to locals than the previous. I found the final with no problems and with luck found the geocoin still in the cache. After signing the log, I took a look around and snapped a few pictures of the park. The park was very well done and showcased a few models and a nice memorial stone for the great scientist. I had a great time looking for this cache and was lucky enough to add yet another trackable icon to the list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home