This is my very own blog to record and share my experiences of the world of geocaching. On geocaching.com I go by the name BomberJjr. I have been enjoying this sport for now more than two years and have visited many cache sites. As I continue to geocache, I have only become more addicted and can see only an increase in my personal activity.

Friday, August 18, 2006

Something Else

A few monthes back I half-heartedly attempted a cache after the DNF of another cache in the Douglas State Forest/Buck Hill, but decided to try another day, due to the fact that it was such a long hike. This cache was, Is This the Beginning or the End (GCTB4E). While checking the condition of the cache online the other day, I noticed the Rhode Island caching team, Fisur, was the last to visit and as usual, they posted that they left "something else". Because I knew, "something else" was how Fisur referred to one of their untrackable geocoins, I decided that a trek out there with Snidy might just be worth it.
For today, I planned to do a few nearby caches with Snidy before he had to go to work for 4 o'clock, including Is This the Beginning or the End, but due to a late start it looked like we might not get to as many as we previously hoped. We started with the cache with the Fisur coin at a trailhead that was unlisted on the cache page, but looked quicker than the two entrances given (.99 miles compared to 1.20 miles). After about a half hour of hiking, we finally got to the cache site and searched for a few minutes. It was actually Snidy that spotted the cache container. We pulled it from its resting spot and opened it. It was then that I noticed the coin began to smile. I now had in my hands a CoinFusion Project 2006 coin that commemorated to forefathers of the geocoin revolution (Mount10Bike, Team Fisur, DHOBBY1, and Indy Diver). We then hiked out and found we might not have enough time to do another cache, so we decided to head back to Snidy's house to log our find and so he could get ready for work.

1 Comments:

Blogger BomberJohn said...

Hey! Nice job. Now, father and son both have this awesome coin.

11:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home