This is my very own blog to record and share my experiences of the world of geocaching. On geocaching.com I go by the name BomberJjr. I have been enjoying this sport for now more than two years and have visited many cache sites. As I continue to geocache, I have only become more addicted and can see only an increase in my personal activity.

Friday, April 27, 2007

Florida Caching


Since last year, when mention of my senior class trip to Disney World first started, I was on the GC website looking up potential cache finds in the area. As details came in, I learned that we would not be able to leave Disney World Resort grounds, but that still left me with a handful of virtuals within the Disney parks. Friday the 13th roled around and it was time to head south for our trip and I was sure to pack my Garmin 60CS and the cache listings for the Disney virtuals.

The week was great. Day one in the parks was Saturday, on which we headed to both Epcot and the Magic Kingdom. Which both virtuals had fairly easy logging requirements. We had a blast at Epcot riding Mission Space, Test Track, and experiencing the different country showcases. At the Magic Kingdom we got to ride Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Pirates of the Carribean, and the trecherous "its a small world". For day two, Sunday it was off to MGM Studios, but just minutes after arriving, the sunny weather we had seen for the past two days disappeared and a 15 minute downpour roled through. After the rain subsided and we were back on rides it was lots of fun. In the afternoon we made our way to the back of the park to ride the excellent, Rock'n'Roller Coaster and the Tower of Terror. Here, I also got to accomplish my third virtual of the trip, by observing features of the decor of the attractions. For Monday, we all headed to the two Universal parks. We had tons of fun riding the Mummy Ride, ET, Spiderman, The Hulk, The Dueling Dragons, and seeing Shrek 4-D. Tuesday was our day to make it over to The Animal Kingdom. At arrival, we bolted to Expedition Everest, then went to Dinosaur, rode the Kali River Rapids, and made our way back to the Tree of Life to see Its Tough to be a Bug. After the show we finish the last virtual by hunting for the listed animals carved in the tree required to be found for logging the cache. We then went to see the Lion King show and ride Everest and Dinosaur once more, before leaving and going to the Rainforest Cafe for dinner. To end are time in trip to the Disney parks, we hopped on the schuttle to Epcot again, to ride Soarin', as it was too busy the first visit and to watch the Illuminations show. After watching the amazing light display, we went back to the hotel to pack before bed. The next day was a relaxing day at Blizzard Beach before heading to the airport to fly us back to Logan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home