This is my very own blog to record and share my experiences of the world of geocaching. On geocaching.com I go by the name BomberJjr. I have been enjoying this sport for now more than two years and have visited many cache sites. As I continue to geocache, I have only become more addicted and can see only an increase in my personal activity.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Sunday Caching


Yesterday, after watching the Patriots beat the Bills in the first game of the season, Snidy and I decided to go out for a few caches. As the caches I have yet to find in my area are depleting, I decided to head out towards the Upton/Hopkinton area. We picked The King and I (GCQKPW), Sneakersalt (GCMFWY), and I-90/I-495 Bug Hotel (GC57A8) to hunt for on our trip.


The King and I was actually a cache named after Broadway actress Gertrude Lawrence, who starred in the play The King and I, who was actually buried in the cemetery that the cache was placed in. It was a pretty easy find, though the cordinates were off by a little bit. I even got a cool pin created for a geo-meet that took place in New Hampshire to add to my collection of sig items.


After finding The King and I in Upton, Snidy and I headed to Hopkinton to find Sneakersalt. Parking was very limited, as it was really only a small pull off spot along the woods. The trail was really nice and even had a picnic table near an interesting boulder. I had never seen this type of container while geocaching before, although I believe I've heard of them used before. The logs were a little damaged due to the unique container though. By the way, this was my 150th cache found. After signing the log, we hiked back and drove over to the close by, I-90/I-495 Bug Hotel.


We got to the roadside recreation area and immediately felt that we would like this one, due to the great scene of the pond and the well built waterside gazebo. Th hunt required a nice, easy walk along a flat path. We first searched found the cache in its cool little spot and did our usual signing and trading. I left one of my cards and took an unofficial TB (tracked my snail mailing the owner) called Billy Bob. We then walked over to the gazebo and took some great pictures. This was just a really nice park that I would definitely consider coming back to just to enjoy and have a picnic lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home