This is my very own blog to record and share my experiences of the world of geocaching. On geocaching.com I go by the name BomberJjr. I have been enjoying this sport for now more than two years and have visited many cache sites. As I continue to geocache, I have only become more addicted and can see only an increase in my personal activity.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

College Caching

I know its been a while and I even acheived my 300th find milestone and went to a huge event since my last blog, The Great Northern Tier Geocaching Tournament 2007, but I thought its better late than never to get back into the swing of blogging again.

At the beginning of this month, I went through a big change of scenery when I went off to college at Fitchburg State College. After moving in and getting used to my course schedule, I was back to geocaching. My first cache while staying in Fitchburg was Sky View GeoCache, which actually happened to be placed in Prospect Park, the area that is home to the first cache I ever found, Hide of the Heron. This was just a quick find while out and about buying food for my dorm room.

A few days later, with some extra time, I decided to head out for a few more nearby cache finds. The first cache was Walton's Mountain Cache, which was a multi cache that put a great spin on parking lot caches. Then it was off to a very quick LPC called RUNaWAY View Micro, which was in a quiet part of a BJ's parking lot near the runway for the Fitchburg Municipal Airport. The final cache of the day was A Walk On The History Side., which was a very well hidden cache hidden in a very well preserved old cemetery which dates back to the 1700s. I was amazed to see such old tombstones in such amazing condition. I had actually been to this park a few times, but had not even realized that there was an old graveyard behind it. As I had no print-out for this cache, I had to call up my dad, BomberJohn for a hint after a good while of searching with no success. With the quick call, I had a much easy search and eventually found the cache.

Also, just yesterday I placed a brand new cache within the vicinity of the college, but I am still waiting for admin approval so I will leave that for next time.

1 Comments:

Blogger BomberJohn said...

And Dad got the co-FTF on your new cache! Yeah!

7:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home